Proper attic insulation in Myrtle Beach SC is essential to keeping your home at a comfortable temperature and preventing energy losses. The right type of insulation can keep even a small attic comfortable year-round.
But inadequate attic insulation attic can cause you all kinds of problems, from damp and moldy walls to uncomfortable space from excess hot air penetration drastically affecting your home’s comfort. Outside air temperatures in South Carolina can be brutal during the summer months. Don’t let inadequate attic insulation make an extra workload on your HVAC system.
Get yourself a Superattic system with high quality attic insulation and our outstanding service from Lenox Roofing solutions and make sure you have comfortable upstairs rooms in your Myrtle Beach SC home. With our excellent work just call Lenox Dr. energy saver preventing energy losses in your home and helping you have a greener home.
Attic insulation standards are also important, as it protects your home from your attic’s uncontrolled environment. Although many homeowners don’t realize it, their attics can become uncomfortable during certain months of the year causing a result of excessive energy consumption. If you’ve noticed your home becoming warmer or cooler, or if you find mold and mildew on the walls of your rooms, it’s likely that you need more insulation.
Attic Insulation in Myrtle Beach SC: Common Problems with Undersulated Attics
The attic is often neglected because homeowners don’t perceive it as a living area. But attics have many uses, including offices, playrooms, bedrooms, storage spaces, and even bathrooms. A poorly insulated attic can negatively affect your quality of life and can lead to serious problems. At the very least, a poorly insulated attic can cause your heating or cooling bills to go up. But improperly insulated attics can also damage your home’s structure, leading to rotting rafters, sagging ceilings, and mold and mildew.
Attic Insulation in Myrtle Beach SC: How & What
As residential and commercial insulation contractors, Lenox Roofing Solutions recommends Owens Corning blown-in insulations. This is much better and safer than cellulose insulation and does a great job of covering your attic rafters. For added efficiency, you can also do crawlspace insulation and foam insulate drywall walls making an airtight layer of foam insulation.
Spray foam insulation can and in many cases void your roofing warranty from causing your shingles to overheat from air sealing your attic space. Following best South Carolina energy conservation on your insulation project with a Superattic system is Lenox does for effective attic insulation results.
Here are the most common attic problems:
● Condensation: Condensation occurs when warm, moist air meets a cooling surface and forms droplets of water. Those water droplets can create marks and stains on walls and window frames — and potentially damage anything that is close by.
● Wet walls: A damp attic can build up moisture on the walls, resulting in mold and mildew. This mold can then damage the paint, wallpaper, and drywall.
● Poor Ventilation: Poor ventilation makes it more likely for mold and bacteria to grow in your home.
● Air leaks: An improperly sealed attic can cause energy losses, trapping hot or cold air in your home. This wasted energy creates excess heat that needs to be cooled or cold air that needs to stay heated.
● Rats: Rats and mice pose a serious threat because, once they’re inside, they can quickly start causing damage. These pests usually enter the home through roof vents or openings made by roof rats.
● Low attic temperatures: When the ambient temperature rises or falls, heat or cold air leaks out, sneaking into attics through gaps in the roof or where insulation has fallen away. This uncomfortable weather seeps into the rest of your home, making it uncomfortably cold or hot than the rest of the home.
Importance of Proper Attic Insulation in Myrtle Beach SC
Keeping your home at a comfortable temperature starts with your roofing system. The attic is an essential part of your roofing system, providing a lot of its stability and protection from the weather.
Attic insulation serves several purposes. It stops heat from escaping through the attic, creating an energy-efficient space. It also stops heat from accumulating in the attic, meaning your heating system doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain a desirable temperature.
If your attic is well-insulated, you could reduce your heating bill by as much as 20%. And, since warm air rises, that’s money going straight into your pockets!
In addition to that, a superattic system from our crews with vast experience at Lenox Roofing Solutions brings the following benefits to homeowners and residents:
● Lower humidity levels.
● Improved indoor air quality.
● Safer foundation.
● Restoring comfort to older homes.
● Greater roof longevity
● Higher comfort level
● Enhanced home value
● Increased thermal efficiency of the home.
Protect Your Home
Whether you are looking for attic insulation in Myrtle Beach SC to reduce energy bills, or to help protect your home from extreme temperature swings, Lenox Roofing Solutions can help. Lenox works with high-quality Owen Corning products to meet any of your home’s needs.
Our insulation specialists from Lenox Roofing Solutions will make sure your attic is properly insulated. For more information about this product or for a free estimate on a new roof, you can reach Lenox Roofing Solutions at +1 843-630-6616.