How Long Will a New Roof Last? It cannot be determined by the number of roof leaks or a few missing shingles. Furthermore, different types of roofing materials have different lifespans. For example, a roof made with simple 3-Tab shingles can easily last 20-25 years, while high-end options like slate and metal are warranted for 50-70 years.
So, how long does a roof last? It really depends on the type of roof, the quality of the roofing materials, and the installation process.
Let’s take a look at some popular roofing material types and their average lifespan:
- Asphalt Shingles: Properly installed asphalt shingle roofs can withstand extreme weather conditions and have a lifespan of around 15 to 30 years. Its low cost and high reliability make it the most popular roofing type used in the country.
- Clay Tiles: This type of roofing is extremely durable and has a lifespan of over 50 years. Though they are some of the longest-lasting shingles out there, clay tiles can be very costly. On the brighter side, they are essentially a one-time investment. So, you won’t have to go for another roof replacement for many years to come. They require minimal maintenance during their lifetime.
- Wood Shingles: Wood shingles have a lifespan of nearly 30 years provided you maintain them properly. However, they have more maintenance requirements than most other roofing materials. Since these shingles are made of high-quality wood like cedar, they are highly resistant to rot and insects.
- Metal Roofs: Metal roofing has been gaining a lot of popularity these days, mainly because of its exceptional durability and long lifespan. These roofs can last many decades. So, this might be the only roof replacement you have to undertake in a lifetime.
Learn more about What it Takes to be a Roofer
Factors That Can Affect Your Roof’s Longevity
1. Roofing Material: Choosing high-quality roofing material can make a massive difference as far as your roof’s performance and longevity are concerned. High-end options can be made to look like natural materials like wood, tile, and slate and offer even more durability and weather resistance.
2. Ventilation: One of the most important components of any roofing system, a proper ventilation system can keep your home cooler and more comfortable during the summer months and prevent issues like ice damming and snowmelt in the winter.
3. Underlayment: The water-proof or water-resistant material that is installed over the roof decking is known as the underlayment. It provides an additional waterproof layer to protect your roof from rain and snow.
4. Quality of Installation: Every roofing system comes with its specific installation instructions for maximum performance, durability, and longevity. That’s why the experience, skill, and knowledge of your roofing contractor play a vital role in the overall lifespan of your roof. So, always go for roofers that know their products inside out and use the best installation practices in the industry for long-lasting results.
Looking for a trusted Roofing Contractor?
The truth is that even the most resilient roof on the planet doesn’t last forever. If your roof has reached the end of its service life, it could be the right time for a roof replacement. Since we are among the select few certified contractors in the region, you can rest assured that your roof replacement project is in expert hands. Give Lenox Roofing Solutions a call at 843-380-6205 to get a FREE estimate and a FREE in-home consultation anywhere in Myrtle Beach South Carolina!
Residential Roof Replacement in Myrtle Beach SC
If you need residential roofing in Myrtle Beach SC, Lenox Roofing Solutions has the experience and expertise necessary to deliver the high-quality residential roofing solutions you are looking for on time and within budget.
Whether you need a minor repair or a complete roof replacement, we will provide the best service, using quality materials, at the best price possible.
To get your free estimate, call us at 843-839-2445 or visit our Request Estimate page.
Residential Roofing Systems
We repair and replace all different types of residential roofing systems, including:
- Asphalt Shingles
- Modified Bitumen
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR)
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Roof Replacement & Installation
We replace and install a variety of residential roofing systems, including shingles and metal roofs. Our trained professionals will work with you to identify the one that meets your needs and fits your budget.
Furthermore, our specialized equipment helps protect your landscaping and minimizes the mess during the repair and replacement process.
Roof Repair & Maintenance
Routine maintenance and timely repairs can ensure that your roof performs at its best for years to come. As a full-service roofing contractor, Lenox Roofing Solutions can help you repair any problems that may arise with your roof.
If you notice that your roof is leaking, it is important to have the issue corrected as soon as possible. Ignoring a roof leak can lead to much more serious damage.
Whether it is some minor repairs or a full replacement, you can rest easy knowing that we will exceed your expectations in every way.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
No matter what roofing solution you need, such as repairs, storm damage restoration, or even a brand new roof, our experts at Lenox Roofing Solutions will be able to help you.